The Microsoft Project course provides a comprehensive introduction to Microsoft Project and gives participants the skills necessary to develop, implement and manage a project plan. The course consists of formal instruction, with plenty of opportunity for ‘hands-on’ practice. There is also time allowed to cover specific areas of interest for the participants.
After completing the Microsoft Project course, students will be able to:
- Discuss basic project management concepts and principles; identify project view options, interface components, and Gantt chart elements.
- Create a task list, using both manual and automatic scheduling modes; set durations; modify a task list; establish a Work Breakdown Structure; hide columns; set milestones; and format the Sheet pane and the Gantt chart.
- Link tasks to establish a project schedule; modify task predecessors; set lag time and lead time; add recurring tasks; work in Network Diagram view; modify task relationships; and set task constraints.
- Set a base calendar and edit the working time; create a resource pool and a resource calendar; assign resources to tasks; create and apply a task calendar; enter resource costs; and use the Cost table.
- Work in Calendar view and Resource Form view; add tasks to the Timeline view; work with tables and create tables.
- Display the critical path and slack; edit effort-driven schedules to fine-tune a project; and resolve resource conflicts by applying both automatic and manual resource levelling.
- Set baselines; manage a project and enter task progress.
- Apply and create project reports.
Students should be comfortable in a Windows environment and with opening, saving and closing files.
$895.00 per attendee.
Please note the following:
- Training workshops require a minimum of six attendees, but we also run workshops across multiple customers – so we can likely still help you out if you have less than six people needing training.
- Course costs include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
- All prices exclude GST and are subject to change.
If you have a question about the training workshops we offer, please speak with your Account Manager directly, call us on 0800 467 833, or submit your query below.