Skype for Business
Skype for Business as a Lucidity managed service
As a Microsoft Skype for Business partner, Lucidity is qualified to meet all of your development, deployment, support and service needs around Skype for Business.
We offer a complete end to end service and can guide you to develop a communications and collaboration environment that maximises the value for your organisation.
What Skype for Business does
Skype for Business lets you work from virtually anywhere, on the devices you like the most.
At the heart of great teams is great communication. With Skype for Business you can simplify your infrastructure with a single communications and collaboration platform for calling, conferencing, video, email integration and sharing.
- Meetings and calls with anyone, anywhere: Meet with up to 250 people — even if they're not on Skype for Business. All they need is a phone or internet connection.
- Powerful collaboration tools: A rich feature set including, but not limited to ‘Presence’, ‘Txt chat’, ‘VoIP calling’, ‘Application and Desktop sharing’.
- Security and control: Conversations are protected by strong authentication and encryption and you can manage employee accounts and features.
- Cost management: Predict and plan IT costs on a month to month basis, plus reduce infrastructure management costs and total cost of ownership.
1. Managed Skype for Business
Lucidity's Managed Skype for Business service is a cloud-based unified communications solution hosted directly out of our Tier 3 data centres in New Zealand.
Lucidity's hosted platform will contain your very own instance of Skype for Business as a complete turnkey solution, allowing you to easily implement it into your current business processes.
Managed Skype for Business also provides features not presently available via the Office 365 Skype for Business subscription, including Call Centre integration and PSTN (public switched telephone network) dialling.
Lucidity’s PSTN dialling capability provides ability for users to make and receive calls with people outside the organisation. A cloud PABX is used meaning you no longer require any hardware onsite and you no longer experience common pains such as PABX hardware issues, maintenance, static software constraints, or expensive call outs.
Lucidity was first to market with a cloud based Microsoft telephony system in NZ and continues to lead the way with a full enterprise voice Microsoft platform without capital outlay.
2. Office 365 and Skype for Business
Skype for Business is offered as part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite, by subscribing to either an Office 365 Enterprise E1 or Office 365 Enterprise E3 plan, with varying cost models, depending on your company’s needs.
The advantage of Skype for Business being included with Office 365 is that your familiar user experience is also combined with the benefits of Microsoft's enterprise grade security, reliability and compliance.
Which option should I choose?
Our Cloud specialists can help determine the best solution for your organisation, but it’s initially worth asking these questions:
- Does your organisation need a 99.9% SLA?
- Does your organisation have regulations around data sovereignty?
- Does your organisation need 24/7 support with a Technical Service Desk on the ground in New Zealand?
- Does your organisation need PSTN dialling capability?
- Does your organisation need Call Centre integration?
Entrust your Skype for Business management to Lucidity
Experience a seamless transition, less time wasted on administrative IT tasks and more time to focus on your core business.
Whether you opt for Skype for Business as part of Office 365, or as Managed Skype for Business, Lucidity's experts can manage the day to day operational details of your Skype for Business requirements and create the best experience for your end users.
If you’re interested in discussing how Skype for Business can help your organisation better collaborate and communicate, please contact us and a Lucidity cloud specialist will be in contact to help you out.